Welcome to Wareham in the beautiful county of Dorset
Ancient town and former royal borough, the charming market town
of Wareham is a veritable delight wherever you look at any time
of the year.
Between the rivers Frome and Piddle, the attractive gateway to the
Isle of Purbeck was a major port until the Middle Ages.
Now a thriving market town, happily combining the old and the new
for locals and visitors alike.
Wareham Town Council is committed to working in partnership with
our community and other agencies to provide easy access to efficient
services and strive to enhance the quality of social and economic
life for the people of Wareham and its businesses.
In support of the Council's Mission Statement, the following aims
• To promote the economic, social and environmental well-being of
• To enhance the quality of life of those living in, working in
and visiting the Town.
• To continue our development as a community-based consultative
and participative Council.
• To work towards securing healthy, safe and active communities
• To support the protection and enhancement of the environment.
• To work in partnership with organisations and individuals towards
the achievement of these aims.